Friday, November 23, 2007

My Photo In Wedding Album



I got married in September, and in the rush of the day my wife didn't get a photo of her bag and shoes for the wedding album.
The photographer is in the process of preparing our album at the moment, and since my mother in law made this bag herself, we really wanted it in the album.

I set up my camera on a tripod in our dining room, with our piano and new lampshade as a backdrop. I tried several flash choices, I really think I could have done this better if I had used 2 flashes, one for ambient light, and one snooted for the bag and shoes, but I had limited time, so I connected my SB-800 with a TTL cable, and pointed it at the roof about 45degrees behind me.

The resulting photo's were pp'd and this is the one we chose. With more time I think I could have perfected this photo, but it was certainly a good learning experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really nice photo.

You did a good job getting the reflection of the bag. Are you a professional photographer?

Scott said...

No, very amateur actually. Thanks for your comment.